FEDERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN: DAY 6
WHERE THE LEADERS CAMPAIGNED
* Prime Minister Scott Morrison: Geelong (Corangamite)
* Labor leader Bill Shorten: Adelaide (Boothby)
WHAT THE COALITION WANTED TO TALK ABOUT
Only the coalition can be trusted to protect retirees' incomes
WHAT LABOR WANTED TO TALK ABOUT:
Labor is best placed to protect and fund health services
WHAT MADE NEWS:
* Labor would spend $200 million to ensure free blood tests for older Australians and people living with cancer
* Notre Dame cathedral in Paris was ravaged by fire, with suggestions an Australian charity should be set up to help rebuild it
* Tony Abbott would return to the Liberal leadership, if it was an uncontested ballot
THEY SAID WHAT?
Reporter: "So, this effectively means that South Australia is shutting out other states from intrusion into the space space?"
Science Minister Karen Andrews: "The space space?"
@TurnbullMalcolm PM @ScottMorrisonMP & Oppn Leader @billshortenmp should today agree to establish an Australian fund to support the restoration of Notre Dame so that Australians can show their solidarity once again with the people of France.
Australian Associated Press