Nine Port Stephens clubs and organisations will receive funds from Port Stephens Council after their requests for financial assistance were approved at Tuesday's council meeting.
The money, ranging from $200 to $2000, will come from the Mayor and Ward funds.
The recipients, funding amount, expenditure and councillor the request was put forward by are:
- Raymond Terrace RSL Sub-Branch, $1500, donation towards hire of audio system for 2019 ANZAC day ceremonies - Cr Ken Jordan
- Paterson Allyn Garden Group Inc, $395, donation towards garden ramble in Duns Creek - Mayor Ryan Palmer
- Port Stephens Veteran Golfers Association, $1000, donation towards 2019 Port Stephens Week of Golf event - Mayor Ryan Palmer
- Port Stephens Family History Society Inc, $500, donation towards publication of book called History and Heritage of Tanilba House - Cr Steve Tucker
- Port Stephens Community Woodworkers Inc, $320, donation towards waste disposal costs - Cr John Nell
- Port Stephens Third Age Learning, $200, donation towards production of exercise video - Cr John Nell
- Medowie Netball Club, $500, donation towards the purchase of a shade shelter for use at club events - Cr Chris Doohan
- Tomaree Business Chamber, $2000, donation towards Street Activation and Street Art program - Cr Glen Dunkley
- Nelson Bay Netball Association, $500, donation towards sun shade for use at carnivals - Cr Glen Dunkley