The Stockton sand dunes have reopened to four-wheel drivers after a temporary closure due to the coronavirus restrictions and hazardous conditions caused by recent storms.
The news follows the relaxing of COVID-19 restrictions announced by the state government last week, and includes the reopening of other institutions such as libraries, churches, clubs and pubs.
The vehicle access to the Worimi Conservation Lands from Anna Bay's Gan Gan Road was reopened on May 30.
"The beach had been subject to erosion and had debris from the recent storms," a spokesperson for the Worimi Local Aboriginal Land Council said.
"The 4WD conditions were hazardous so visitors are advised to be aware of the changed conditions."
The NSW Maritime conducted clean-up operations on the the access track from to remove any debris that may have washed ashore from the shipping containers that had fallen from the cargo vessel APL England last week in the rough seas.
The spokesperson said that camping on the conservation lands would not be permitted until June 26, 2020, and that online bookings could be made after that date.
"Camping at the Worimi Conservation Lands also remains temporarily closed in line with government COVID-19 directives. All visitors with camping bookings impacted by the closures will be contacted to arrange full refunds."