Calling all clever and creative students. The Australian Taxation Office wants you to think outside the box and develop ideas on how tax or super contributes to the community.
Showcasing their artistic skills and original ideas could see the students grab some serious pocket money.
Limited only by their imagination, the teens can submit a tax rap, animations, an app concept or even a comedy skit.
The Tax, Super and You competition is a fun way for students to think about what they’ve learnt in the classroom and see the relevance of tax and super in the community.
This year, students could win a share of more than $6000 in cash prizes.
In each of the two categories (Junior Secondary and Senior Secondary), the prizes include:
- First prize ($400 student plus $600 for their school)
- Second prize ($250 student plus $400 for their school)
- Third prize ($150 student plus $300 for their school)
- People’s Choice Award ($400 student plus $600 for their school)
Judges are looking for originality, execution, and the value or benefit of the concept and relevance to tax and super.
- The Tax, Super and You competition opens on July 2, 2018.
- To view last year’s winning entries and for information, visit taxsuperandyou.gov.au/competition-about.