Port Stephens is no stranger to violent, impressive and destructive weather events but the April 2015 “super storm” will not be one residents, and visitors to the area at that time, will forget in a hurry.
For many people on April 21, 2015 they woke up to fallen trees, flooded streets and a trail of devastation.
Some people were at work, wondering how to get home, others were at home, wondering how to get to work.
- Cyclonic storm slams into Port
- Skies open after stunning sunset to deal damage in Port Stephens
- A storm not quickly forgotten
- Storm fails to dampen Anzac spirits | photos
- Hinton to become a model for flood response
- Storm changes lives for good
- Port Stephens SES unit recognised for ‘outstanding actions’ in April 2015 super storm